Dr. Rosemary Prosser
B.App.Sc. (Physiotherapy), M.Sc. (Physiotherapy), PhD, Certified Hand Therapist
Principal and Director
After training as a physiotherapist, Rosemary has spent over twenty years in the speciality medical field of Hand Therapy where she has striven to advance the field, encourage greater acceptance and recognition of its importance and provide opportunities for herself and others to learn improved, more effective treatment techniques so that patients receive better care and shorter recuperation times.
This drive to improve herself, others and the industry has seen Rosemary become one of the leading experts in her field nationally and internationally.
Rosemary’s efforts and drive have been instrumental to:
- the development of a new treatment splint and exercise regime for wrist ligament injuries
- the establishment of an industry education group for the benefit of hand therapists
- the development of educated and knowledgeable staff and colleagues through dedicated training programs
- the publication of an important clinical reference textbook now in use by University courses
- new hand therapy courses developed to educate undergraduate and postgraduate students in Australia and New Zealand
- the access to better hand therapy techniques and treatments for patients in developing countries such as Vietnam, Papua New Guinea and Myanmar through humanitarian aid trips.
- her recognised status as one of the leading international experts in hand therapy, sought after to speak at national and international conferences.
Belinda holds 18 years full time experience in hand therapy. She graduated from the University of Sydney as a Physiotherapist in 1999. Belinda attained the Hand Therapy Certification (CHT) qualification in 2004. She has worked in both public and private sector hand clinics. She is a full member of the Australian Hand Therapy Association (AHTA) and has served two terms in the AHTA executive committee and one term on the education subcommittee. Belinda is a member of the Australian Physiotherapy Association and an associate member of the NSW Hand Surgeons Association. Belinda is passionate about all areas of hand therapy, including mentoring other hand therapists. She has special interest in fractures, base of thumb arthritis, wrist instability and manual oedema mobilization. Belinda works 5 days per week at Hornsby.
Jane graduated from the University of Sydney in Physiotherapy in 1989 and has been working in the area of hand therapy since 1994. Jane also holds the internationally recognised qualification of Certified Hand Therapist (CHT). Her initial experience was gained through working at the Sydney Hospital Hand Unit. Since 1998 she has worked in the private sector. Jane is an Associate Member of the Australian Hand Therapy Association and a Full Member of the Australian Physiotherapy Association. Jane has an interest in trauma and fractures.
After completing an occupational therapy degree Rebecca pursued her passion for hand therapy in Christchurch, New Zealand. She worked in private practice there for 5 years before joining us in mid-2017. Rebecca works across our three clinics and is an Accredited Hand Therapist and full member of the Australian Hand Therapy Association. She has a particular interest in treating people post-surgery and those with persistent pain, grumpy tendons or sore joints.